When Salonpas reached out and wanted to feature me as a Wellness Warrior on their blog, I was thrilled! They asked so many important questions and I was glad to give my opinion. Here is a little highlight from the interview:
What are the top 5 life lessons you learned from your caretaker experience?
- Communicate openly and listen closely. Everyone is going to have a different opinion, so it’s important to understand other perspectives to ultimately come to the best decision for your parent.
- It’s okay to ask for help. Do not feel guilty if there are times and situations you cannot handle on your own.
- Accept the changes. There is no doubt as you move through this process the dynamics between you and those around you will begin to shift.
- Negative emotions are a normal part of this process. Acknowledge them and let them out so that you can let them go.
- Keep a sense of humor along the journey; there is always joy to be found in hardship.
Do you have any tips for caring for a loved one? I would love to hear what you think in the comments below!